Sunday, April 25, 2010

Google forms "what is your major?"

This google form I created was not used my any of my peers. I made this form viewable by all, but for some reason no one replied to the questions; but I was able to send this form to some of my friends that happen to be in the education field too. I asked 10 people to submit the form to me via email. The first question "What is your major," 8 out of 10 are Early Childhood Education majors, the other 2 are Elementary Education. I have been in the Education program for a few years, and most if not all my friends are Education majors, so choosing people to fill out the form was not hard! The second question "Why did you choose this major," was a very fun and interesting to read all the responses from my friends. For the most part they all said "because they love kids" but a few said more to "my family is full of teachers, and I grew up in that environment so I felt comfortable choosing this major." It was interesting to hear why people choose to be a teacher; despite the horrible salary. I personally love children and love the way it feels when a child has learned something new and or work a problems all on their own. This is the best feeling, plus I get paid for being creative! The next question was more out of my curiosity; "Where are you wanting to teach when you graduate?" These answers were more random and different than the other questions. Almost half of the answers (including mine) were to teach in the Deer Creek district; 3 people choose choose the Edmond district, 2 person choose "somewhere in Tulsa," and 1 person did not know where they would want to teach (unknown). Overall I enjoyed reading the responses of my peers, and really loved to read their reasons for becoming a teacher. Its nice to know there are soon to be wonderful and dedicated teachers that will be teaching our future leaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment